Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Proverbs 31 Woman- am I or does it really matter?

I love The Lord. He is doing such a work in our family right now - the changes in me, my marriage, as a parent and as a person are just so different than 11 months ago. And back then I thought I was doing pretty good! I'm at a place of tremendous gratitude for who He is and what He does for me on such a regular basis. I want everyone I know to experience Him and pray this Lenten season, belief in Him explodes in unfathomable ways.

This is what I wrote up for my study opening tomorrow. I hope you like it. But more importantly, I hope it pleases The Lord and brings Him all The Glory - He is the only one who deserves it!

The Virtuous Woman from Proverbs 31

When we look at the model of the Virtuous Woman from Proverbs 31, she is superwoman. While there maybe when in this world like her (and I could name a few) – she is only super because she is plugged into the real SUPERMAN – Jesus Christ. It is through Him, living in her, that she is enabled to become all she can be, as listed in Scripture.

When we look at our study – there are 4 groupings of verses that our prominent:
• Relationships – (verses: 11, 12, 15, 17, 18, 21, 23, 26, 27, 28)
• Character – (verses: 10, 22, 25, 26, 27, 29, 30)
• Labor – (13, 14, 16, 19, 24, 27)
• Ministry – (18, 20)

It is significant that relationships encompass the majority of verses - this is the order of priority. It all starts (and ends) with relationships. To make sure your priorities are right– your heart has to be, which comes from an intimate relationship with Our Lord & Savior – Jesus Christ.

Christ is “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.” (Revelation 22:13) Everything starts and ends there. Knowing & Walking with Him allows everything else to fall into place and to be ordered in the right way. Once you have that, your character, even personality will change, you will discover your purpose & Gifts, and then you will be able to be used for His purposes to bring hearts to Him – so the process can start all over again.

Christ gives a direct command in Matthew 6:33 when He says “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” It’s not a suggestion – it is a lifeline for a peaceful, fruitful, abundant life. That’s how The Lord will turn us, day by day, into His Woman – from Proverbs 31. It is something to strive for but only in His power. Here is the easy way to remember it in an anagram of "IN LOVE WITH THE LORD":

The Proverbs 31 Woman is:
Innovation
Nurturing

Loving
Open
Visible
Excited

Wise
Involved
Teachable
Humble

Truthful
Helpful
Enduring

Luminous
Orderly
Reflective
Dedicated

No comments: