Lest you think it, no, I'm not talking about me. If you heard the way I fussed at the pharmacy tech at Walgreen's today, you would have evidence of that. No grace in my speech there, certainly no mercy!
What I mean by grace, is the evidence of His grace, through your prayers. I have other things I want to write about, but I need to sleep on them. And maybe a few more days of living in this new world order.
For now, I wanted to share a list of the graces, or miracles, we've experienced up till yesterday. It might seem odd to praise God right now, but I can't ignore what I've learned from Scripture when it hurts. I don't understand His ways, but I will. Sophia will be healed, one way or another and it will be by His Hand - and His alone.
Enough preaching! On to the good stuff....
My List of Grace, 10/10/10 - 10/14/10 (In no particular order)
1. Sophia is alive!
2. We caught this early
3. Dave and I were both able to be here all week with her
4. She has been so brave!
5. Natalie has been awesome with her
6. Thus far, the cancer is contained.
7. Tumor, so far, is accessible.
8. We are in the best place possible for kids
9. Hundreds of people (confirmed all over the world) are praying for us - most of them I don't know and will never meet)
10. So many people want to help us get through this
11. Oncologist working with us is good friends with Natalie's 1st grade teacher
12. Both our parents are here with us.
13. Her biopsy went so well, the surgeon was so precise, after it heals, you won't be able to see the scar
14. The love is pouring out, we can tangibly feel it.
15. She is in SUCH good spirits and SO funny!
16. Our new house (move in late November) is nearly ready.
17. Our contractor knows us, what we are going through and we can depend on him to finish it in the next 2 weeks.
18. We could be in the same room with her .
19. The hospital has an UNREAL amount of things to do/see for kids - she was and will never be bored there!
20. I had my Bible from the beginning of this.
21. We had a full room, including shower.
22. The doctors and nurses were the best and have real concern and care for her.
23. We have an unbelievable amount of resources available to us.
24. We got to talk with people who have already walked in our shoes.
25. She has an 75-80% cure rate.
26. I am hearing from complete strangers about how their prayer groups and Bible studies are praying for us!
That is all I've gotten too - but there is more. I'm just too tired to think anymore.
Now it is your turn. Please put your praise report up here - tell me something I missed, or even better, tell me about what is going on with YOU. Let's praise Him together!