Monday, May 16, 2011

TPT4KC This Week!

Praise God for email and Facebook! Without it, we wouldn't have this group of prayer partners, nor updates from the families. And I'm happy to say we do have updates!!

Also - Sophia and I met Ruel Bobet last week when we delivered him a Comfort Kit. What a spirit! He is a handsome young man, very tall! We also met his mother, who is a 1st grade teacher - she loved Sophia! We were able to relate and share so much, he is in a long fight and his family is under much pressure right now too with Ruel's father also receiving quality-of-life chemo for colon cancer that has metastasized to his liver. But they are fighting as a family.

My personal prayer focus tomorrow is going to be the siblings. They have a really, really hard road to watch their brother/sister go through this - and feel the sting of Mom & Dad being otherwise occupied too. Not to mention all the guilt and shame that comes along with feeling jealous over the attention and gifts the sick one receives. My Natalie struggles with Sophia's illness in so many ways and I've heard from other families that this is a concern too.

The verse I'm choosing this week was something God specifically wanted me to hear this morning - Isaiah 40:11. It was part of my devotional as well as my sweet friend Jolynne's, so when I asked her to send it to me (as my Bible App wasn't working) she made it clear God was speaking to me (us) today!

I can't begin to tell you how it comforted me, the imagery of my Father carrying all these little lambs and leading their parents who are so desperate to get to the end of this journey. What have we to fear when such a Tender Shepherd cares for us!

He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young.

Go Prayer Warriors Go!

Sophia Vogel- 4 years old - Sarcoma b/h left eye - F/U MRI Monday with results coming Tuesday - pray the tumor is gone!!

Rylee Beard - 5 years old - Will's Tumor in abdomen/neck (relapse) - receiving out patient chemo this week

Holden Underwood - 1 year old - ALL/MLL Leukemia - rough week already! Was admitted for a fever and is spending the night in PICU with vomiting, and turning bluish (and some other things). He is also in need of blood & platelets!

Brennan McCowen - 11 months - Neuroblastoma - Lots of follow up tests for Brennan this week - please pray for his and Cindy's strength, as well as fantastic results!!

Courtney Pette - 16 years old - Lymphoma - started outpatient chemo last week and continuing this week

Hudson Kadlecek - 4 years old - Lymphoma

Patton Jones - 3 YO - Burkitt's Lymphoma

Ruel Bobet - twenty - stomach cancer - biopsy last week, still bleeding internally so receiving a lot of transfusions, waiting on chemo schedule

Wyatt – 2 years old – ALL Leukemia

Allen Hill – 10 years old – ALL Leukemia – well into treatment

No comments: