Tuesday, July 26, 2011

TPT4KC This Week!

I said a lot yesterday, so I'm not going to say too much today. Plus, I'm tired. :) It is how I start a lot of Tuesdays so that isn't too different. But I'm going to need extra juice today!

I wasn't sure what verse to pick for today. I think I'm kind of in survival mode, with everything happening today. It's not that I'm not emotional, I just think my mind is keeping a lot of that at bay because the enormity of our situation, between Sophia and my Mom, would paralyze me. It did for a few moments yesterday - I did a lot of things but took a lot of breaks where I just sat down because I could do nothing else!

The Lord is most gracious though - I pulled up BibleGateway.com just now and low and behold - I think this verse will work perfectly!

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see.
That's from Hebrews 11:1, the NIV version.

Not much seeing going on today, just walking by faith. So much of regular life is like that, and it is quite magnified when you face a situation like cancer. I suppose you could also say this verse as "Keep the Faith!"

Let's pray for confidence in Christ as we walk through today. Let's pray for assurance that He is tying up the loose ends that we can't see. Let's pray for faith to be strengthened and assurance to be made real.

Let's pray because PRAYER WORKS!

Please keep my Mom in your prayers today - her surgery is scheduled for 8 am!

Sophia Vogel (5, soft tissue sarcoma behind left eye) - Last chemo (inpatient) round of her protocol today! Pray for a room to open fast, no nausea, peace to prevail and joy to abound! She will have her blood counts taken for the next two weeks, then on August 16th will be her next scan.

Anna Grace Dennis (7, cancer free from brain stem tumor) - Continues to struggle with mono-like symptoms but Praise The Lord - her hair is growing back great and she is SO excited!!

Rylee Beard (5, Will's tumors in bladder/abdomen) - 2nd to last chemo round this week (inpatient)! She will be there till Friday or Saturday so pray also for room, good health, good spirits and to keep her spunky attitude!

Holden Underwood (1, ALL/MLL) - Didn't make his white blood cell count last week, so his inpatient chemo that was scheduled for last week was moved till this week. They go in tomorrow to try again! Pray he makes counts so no more delay of treatment, easily available room, no reaction to drugs, no infection in his line and no nausea!

Brennan Scurlock (1, neuroblastoma) - Begins scanning this Friday, starting with his kidney function tests, completing by next Friday. Today they are meeting with radiation doctors, in the event he's still able to have stem cell transplant. These scans cause Brennan's mom, Cindy, a lot of anxiety, so pray for peace for her, a clear outcome and decision with as little invasive procedures as possible!

Kristina Barrett (9, sarcoma in lungs and arm) - Her scan yesterday showed the tumor is not growing - Praise The Lord! They will continue on the medication she is currently on, pray for no reactions and continued success!

Mark Ochoa (2, Wilm's Tumor) - Outpatient chemo this week, please pray he will be at peace, will be able to rest and not be too upset by all the pokes!

Tristan Smit (3, ependymoma) - Pray for his health, recovery and to be cured of cancer!

Ruel Bobet (20, stomach cancer) - Received chemo last week, pray for a speedy recovery!

Addison Marshall (17, ALL) - his birthday is coming up this week!

Courtney Pette (16, lymphoma)

Natalie Fraker (4, astrocytoma)

Hudson Kadlecek (4, lymphoma)

Patton Jones (3, Burkitt's Lymphoma)

Wyatt (2, ALL)

No comments: