Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Wednesdays of Wonder - It's Almost Too Good To Be True News

Man, I just read what my friend Jeannie wrote to me for this week's post.  Her story of encountering Jesus and put Him in His rightful place in her life has completely knocked me back a few pegs.  How often have I gone about my day, taking for granted the place and position of Jesus, My Lord and Savior?

I know I've forgotten Christ's rightful place....even today!  I always need a renewal, a reset to orient myself the right way to Jesus. So, I want to share this WONDER-full witness of my friend because it not only changed her life, it will change yours.  It will set you back on course if you've gotten off track or it will keep you going in the right direction.

If you have ever struggled with how Jesus fits into the picture, don't worry.  We all have.  We all have had to come to terms with the difference between a religion and a relationship as well as the discomfort of the Cross.  The Cross is hard to take because we don't feel it should be necessary.  We know we are unworthy, but we don't feel like we should be.

I love that the Holy Spirit downloaded the revelation to her IN.THE.SHOWER.  God does not wait till we are in Church or comfortable.  He comes in the middle of our everyday affairs because knowledge like she received can not wait!

When Jesus enters our atmosphere, we know for sure we are not worthy.  But He doesn't leave us that way.  Read on in Jeannie's story and you, too, will know the hope she has found!

God brought a friend into my life and one of the things I noticed the most about her was how she talked so candidly about her Jesus. I knew God and I were cool. I was also very aware of the Holy Spirits' presence in my life. I believed by faith everything that The Word says about Jesus: who He is, what He did, and that He is alive and coming back again. 

One day, I confessed an issue I had concerning Jesus. It revolved mostly around the crucifixion. I was uncomfortable hearing the gruesome details about it, especially during Easter. I came from an abusive background with a lot of pain and suffering and while I knew the importance of the sacrificial death of Jesus I didn't want to focus on that part, but get to the Good News about the power of His resurrection. 
 
I also confessed that when the movie Passion Of The Christ came out, I'd seen it by myself.  I did not think I would have the same emotional reaction that others were having and thought that they would find that odd.  My friend told me that she had gone to get popcorn right before the crucifixion scene of the movie and was offering it to others when she got back!  Knowing that, I didn't feel so bad. 
She prayed for me right then and there I would receive a greater revelation of who Jesus is personally in my own life. 

Later that same day my sister from Virginia (who I don't talk to very often) called me. I can't remember why but she told me every morning when she goes out to her car, before she gets in, she looks straight up to heaven and gives God a kiss and says, "Good morning God!"  Then, she said, she looks to her left (because Jesus is on the right side of God) and tells Him the same, and also gives Him a kiss. Of course, she would then look to her right and do the same thing with the Holy Spirit. I thought this was strange and didn't waste any time telling my husband and my friend later that day.
 

The very next day, when I was in the shower, I had an unction to tell Jesus I was sorry I hadn't paid Him very much attention. Still in the shower, He told me that, "It is OK.  I am the hardest one!" and then had a vision of God on the throne.  Jesus was sitting next to Him but it was on my right side. I suddenly realized my right side was actually the left side of God and said, 

"Oh no, I've had you (Jesus) in the wrong place all of this time!

While this was the literal wrong place that I saw, I believe what it represented religion vs. relationship.  My take away from this is: for a lot of people Jesus is the hardest one to get to know because of the price He personally paid for each of us. While by faith we received this gift and we were changed forever in our spirit man, we still have to renew our minds to be able to accept this fact on a daily basis. It is hard to believe we are worthy not only of His sacrifice, but His constant intercession on our behalf; along with our place of power and authority there with Him.

Even though Jesus is God incarnate, our Savior and Lord, and deserves our reverence, we can still have a very personal relationship with Him. He calls us Family and Friend.

Now this is almost too good to be true news!!  

Maybe we all should start looking up to the right hand of God, which is our left, each day and saying good morning Jesus and giving Him a kiss and then as a popular song says: keep our eyes on Him and all that He is, so the cares of this world will grow strangely dim.
 

Scripture References:
  • Hebrews 1:3 - The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.
  • Romans 8:34, 35 - Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
  • Revelation 3:21 - To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. 
  • John 15:13-15 - Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends. You are my friends if you do what I command. I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.
  • Hebrews 2:11-12 - Both the one who makes people holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers and sisters. He says, “I will declare your name to my brothers and sisters; in the assembly I will sing your praises.” 
  • Colossians 3:1 - Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.

No comments: