Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What would you do for a Klondike bar....?

So, that used to be the ultimate goal, right? The quick fix. What I've been searching for is God's peace that surpasses all understanding. I won't lie, I've been in a dry spell. I've kept the faith, knowing that the issue wasn't with God, it was with my heart. I needed to feel His touch in a tangible way. Usually, I have a pretty earth-shattering experience but this time, He showed me differently.

You see, I've been ministering to some friends who are going through a rough patch. And when I say ministering, I'm talking the St. Francis of Assisi route--i.e. walking the walk, not just talking the talk. Through my actions, I see God working on this family, in profound ways. When someone picks up a Bible to read it, you don't do that on a whim. Your soul is crying out for it's Creator and nothing but His Word will soothe that emptiness. I've seen that happen in the midst of great tragedy, whether or not you know Christ, Grace is there. Love is there and it's only an arm's length away. It covers all. And while I've mostly been a witness (and this time I mean just watching), my faith has grown in ways I could never imagine. More certainty that My Savior loves everyone and He wants EVERYONE to know Him.

So, I'm humbled and low today knowing who is Great and who is Good. It ain't me but Thank Him I am on the right side. He showed me His power in others and as long as I stay out of His way, He keeps on using me to bring His message. I didn't even really have to say anything this time. :)

He is by far capable and I'm just so honored to be a part of His purpose and plan. I always was but since I'm a woman of action, it's nice to be in the midst of it!

No comments: