Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A new Hallelujah!

Well, I haven't blogged, here or the other one, in awhile. Not for lack of topics. In fact, I have a running list in my head but nothing has seemed to grab a hold of me so much I had to put it down. There have been times, for sure, but I really just haven't gotten to write it all down. This really has been, the last 3 weeks, a season of blessing with my family. The Lord has really blessed me with everything I could ask for. He is allowing me to stretch my wings in new ways, which interestingly enough, makes me feel sin in my heart more acutely. Of course, I don't always confess it right away, but He is faithful to get me there. Eventually this horse drinks.

There are a lot of people out there though, that need prayer. I am trying to do better at that. In fact this morning I am going to hunker down with my Bible Study and pray as the Lord leads me. Friends, loved ones, others I've never met cry out for intercession. But The Hope remains. I have seen, in the last few weeks, once again His mighty power and just how good of care He takes of me and my family.

I try and not let those old "when is the shoe going to drop" feelings creep in. As dear Gindi told me 2 1/2 years ago, during another season of peace in our house, there is no boogie-man ready to jump out of the corner to get me. She corrected me and told me that The Lord gives us all seasons of blessing, especially after seasons of trial and growth.

And there the last 12 months were certainly a season of trial and growth for our whole family and especially for me personally. Oh, I know there is more to come but right now, I'm just going to bask in the sunlight of His Face and pray my flesh doesn't get in the way so I can stay there. :)

In the words of Michael W. Smith - this is how I feel: "ARISE! Let the church rise! Let Love reach to the other side! Come Alive! Let the song arise! Everyone sing a new Hallelujah!!!"

All Praise to The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!

No comments: