Tuesday, July 12, 2011

TPT4KC This Week!

I think I've said this every week this summer, but it has certainly caught up with me! We spent yesterday cleaning up the house from a Sunday birthday party for my sweet Sophia (I've called her that almost since day one. Comes in handy when she isn't being so sweet. :)) We were all wiped out by evenings end, with the girls heading to bed at their school night hours with Dave and I not far behind!

Sophia is a whole hand now and we are sort-of having difficulty remembering that. She keeps asking me "Am I 5 now?" And I keep having to think about it! I think we both just got used to her being 4 and "waiting" for the magic number of five. I prayed Sunday that this year, this birthday, would be so significant in God's Hands. That it would mark not only her becoming cancer-free, but that she (we) would experience freedom like never before. My prayer was that this year of her life would be marked by joy and promise and giving hope to the hurting.

I think that is just the kind of prayer He likes to hear.

I don't have a theme verse this morning. Instead, I have a theme song. I am so inspired that the astronauts, before the final space walk of this era, were awoken to Matthew West's "More," that I wanted us to pray these families would feel the words of this song - tangibly. That these precious people walking through such a valley would undoubtedly feel Jesus wrapping them up in His arms and carrying them. I have personally felt that exact touch and I want nothing more than everyone, especially these families who endure to much, to feel it too. Here is the chorus to that song:

I love you more than the sun
And the stars that I taught how to shine
You are mine, and you shine for me too
I love you yesterday and today
And tomorrow, I'll say it again and again
I love you more


PRAYER WORKS!!

Sophia Vogel (5, soft tissue sarcoma behind left eye) - no chemo for two weeks! This is her last break before her LAST chemo! We are going in for blood counts this morning, so she might need red blood cells or platelets.

Anna Grace Dennis (7, cancer free from brain stem tumor) - Mono titer tests came back positive but NeuroOncologist still unsure this is the cause of her headaches. Please pray for rest, recovery and peace for daughter and Mom, regardless of what is causing Anna's discomfort!

Rylee Beard (5, Will's tumors in bladder/abdomen) - Outpatient visit this week. Rylee is also coming to the end of her protocol - pray she will not be delayed and will be able to start Kindergarten on time!

Holden Underwood (1, ALL/MLL) - Had outpatient with good blood counts yesterday. Next week is an inpatient round, pray for health and peace this week!

Brennan Scurlock (1, neuroblastoma) - Had a fever and was inpatient at TCH last week. So far this week, though, he is doing better!

Courtney Pette (16, lymphoma) - Had a round week last week, including being involved in an accident. Pray for her spirits to lift and to just be able to be a teenager for all its worth!

Kristina Barrett (9, sarcoma in lungs and arm) - Was at TCH yesterday and encountering a reaction from her medication, in the form of a rash. Pray for healing, no discomfort and no delays!

Mark Ochoa (2, Wilm's Tumor) - Outpatient chemo this week, please pray he will be at peace, will be able to rest and not be too upset by all the pokes!

Tristan Smit (3, ependymoma) - His began at age 1, had surgery, removed it all, it came back, had surgery again, had radiation and finished in Jan 2011. He has recently had a brain infection and shunt blockage, which needed surgery to fix shunt. He is currently having some problems with walking and eye issues so please pray these will be resolved and he can grow up cancer free!!

Addison Marshall (17, ALL)

Natalie Fraker (4, astrocytoma)

Hudson Kadlecek (4, lymphoma)

Patton Jones (3, Burkitt's Lymphoma)

Ruel Bobet (20, stomach cancer)

Wyatt (2, ALL)

No comments: